Monday, July 30, 2012

Reading Response Journal

So here is my reader response journal.  This will be my third year to use these guys and I love them for mid to upper elementary school.  My first year using them I used a comp book.  The second year I decided to use a binder.  It was a disaster!  The kids' papers fell out everywhere.  It just wasn't good.  So this year I am back to using old faithful.





We use these pretty much everyday during readers' workshop.  We take notes and do practice exercises in them during the lesson.  Then I typically give some type of reading assignment and a response activity that they do in their journals.  So journals might include lists, graphic organizers and paragraph responses.  I am choosing not to include a table of contents or other text features in my RRJ.  However, I am sure you could.  I will be posting pictures of our progress periodically. 

Love,
Mrs. Kelly

No comments: