Saturday, August 4, 2012

Classroom Set Up Day 4

Side Note: Some of my readers have mentioned that they are having trouble commenting.  I fiddled with a few of the settings, so please, pretty please try to leave a comment so I can see if it is working!

Today was my breakthrough day.  I finally have all of my stuff out of my 3rd grade room and all of the 4th grade boxes unpacked.  All that is left is organizing and decorating.  That is such a relief!!  I am living in fear, though, that I am going to come in one day and find a ton of stuff that was supposed to go with the room and didn't make it to me in the moving process.  I am crossing my fingers that is not going to happen.  I feel like it is finally looking like a functioning classroom.  YAY!!! Here are today's pics!

My awesome husband who spent the entire afternoon salvaging bookcases on their last leg, carrying heavy things, and just generally being awesome. Love this man!  
From the Doorway

From the Meeting Area

And here are some of my favorite little features that were added today:

I usually have separate baskets for weekly folders and their turned in work, but I found this cool rolling cart that allows for one basket for turning in, one basket for weekly folders, and one basket for the papers that need to be stuffed in their weekly folders.  This is near my entry way.

Clean(ish) desk.  Can I hear a hallelujah??!!!

Cleaned out cubbies with books sets on top

Students' cubbies with supply baskets on top

Probably my favorite thing of the day.  The bookcase Justin was fixing in the above pic is behind that curtain.  I am going to put tissue and paper towels in it so I wanted to cover it.  So I decided to cover it with a pocket chart at the top and then a fabric curtain at the bottom.  I need to hem the bottom of the curtain, as you can see, but otherwise I love it!  Anything that makes a space more usable is a huge plus!
My Bella Bill Store!  This is part of my classroom economy.  I will do a whole post on how I do classroom economy sometime soon.  I love it!

My communication center.  I am in love with these tubs from Walmart.  I have always had separate baskets for each of these, but it took up so much space.  When I found these, I immediately though of notes and lunch money.  When they come in, the students can simply put their stuff in the right box for me to check during morning announcements.

Love,
Mrs. Kelly



2 comments:

Taira Gladwin said...

Your classroom is looking great! I am completely jealous of all of your storage! I don't have room for that much storage!!! I love the idea of covering your bookshelf with a pocket chart! That's great!

Christi said...

Thanks Taira! I am very blessed this year to be in the biggest rooms we have on campus. I love it in there and love all the storage. Can't wait to see finished pics of your cool room!