Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Twas' The Night Before Meet and Greet

Today was my first day of professional development before school starts.  The Office of Curriculum and Instruction always does such a nice job of making the professional developments as fun as possible considering the sometimes stressful subject matters (like Compass today- yuck!) The theme was Wizard of Oz.  It was super cute.  I appreciate how they work extra hard to make it engaging, since we have to sit there and receive all the info whether it is boring or not!! 
Tomorrow I meet my kids for the first time! Yay!! Here is my room all shined up.


Ready for Meet and Greet

We study regions of the U.S. in 3rd.  As a fun intro activity, we are going to map out different places we visited, identify what region of the U.S., and discuss characteristics of the region. 


Above my board is my problem solving strategy.  I have used this every year since I taught 2nd.  It's from Saxon Math and is perfect. 


So that Olympic theme didn't happen- time constraints.  This is from 2 years back.  It works.

I am going to try this for the first time this year.  As a first day activity, the kids will make a 12:00, 3:00, 6:00, and 9:00 appointment.  Whenever we work partners, I will just call a time and they will go with a partner.  I am anxious to see how this works.


Relevant Economy definitions and payment information.  Below is the various jobs they will apply for and hold.
I am so happy that the room is pretty organized and together before Meet and Greet.  That was my goal.  My desk area is still not very organized, but that can wait until I get a free weekend or something.  Hope everyone has had a great beginning of the school year so far!

Love,
Mrs. Kelly

No comments: